This is a locally produced clip that has won the 1st prize in the Alzheimer’s Disease International conference.
It’s a reminder for us to look out for the old folks at home. Early symptoms are often neglected, which leads to fast deterioration in the later stage.
The early symptoms of Alzheimer or dementia are,
- Memory Loss
- Difficulty in performing familiar tasks.
- Problems with language
- Disorientation to time and place
- Poor or decreased judgement
- Problems with keeping track of things
- Misplacing things
- Changes in mood or behaviour
- Changes in personality
- Loss of initiative
While early treatment does not completely cure dementia, it helps to alleviate the symptoms and difficulties for the patient.
Some URLs that has more information on Alzheimer’s Diease.